Thread: South Louisiana
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 09:16 AM   #1803 (permalink)
TypeOne
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: BSM 370
TypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to TypeOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by athlon omega View Post
Hey, guys. Just joined recently. I own a gun metallic 2012 Nismo. I'd like to get the Berk HFCs it make the exhaust a bit louder; it's way too quiet. lol There's a former Nissan tech that could install it for me, but I'm worried about the warranty being voided if the dealership finds out. I was told that if the dealership does the install of mods such as intakes that the warranty won't be voided. Where do you guys go to get your mods installed? I live in Metairie. I ask because I don't know if the dealerships is down with getting exhaust mods installed. Thanks for the input.
Installing aftermarket parts will only void your warranty if those parts directly affect something else. For example, if you have intakes on your car, suck up water and hydrolock your engine, warranty isn't going to cover the replacement of a new motor.

However, if you have intakes on your car and then your steering lock mechanism freezes up, there is no way for those parts to be related, so they have to warranty it. It's the law.

If you are looking for parts, shoot me a message, I have a shop over in Baton Rouge and try to help Z guys out as much as I can.

Looking forward to meeting you guys, hopefully we can have another get together shortly after the dyno day!

PS, new parts come in tomorrow and I've got a photographer coming in from Dallas on Friday to shoot my car!
TypeOne is offline   Reply With Quote