View Single Post
Old 08-22-2009, 01:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
DropTopGal
Base Member

Drives: 370Z Vert (TBA)
DropTopGal is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrarroyo View Post
Welcome aboard! I too transitioned from a 2004 red convertible vette to a 370Z. So far it has been an interesting ride, but I do miss the rag top and the 375 ftlb of torque.
Going from a 436hp / 416tq Vette to the Z is my main concern as the hp/tq is most addicting. Then again, when I drive my IS350 with a about 320hp (have mods), I am always surprised how quick that car is. The 370Z interior is by far much nicer than the Vette and I bet it handlles even better, thus will be more fun to drive. Oh, and the new nav / entertainment system that is coming with the 370Z Roadster will be wonderful. The Vette's system is circa 1995, but it does sound good in the 3LT package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WShade View Post
Welcome! Although, that M3 vert is hot, hot, hot. But I hear you at $66,500.
I had two BMW E46 M3s (2001 & 2003) and both had far to much shop time. Others I know also experienced unscheduled trips to the dealership for their BMWs. With reliability being so important to me, I just don't trust BMW. I want to drive my M3, not the loander they give! Perhaps things have changed in the past few years.

BTW... $66.5 is base, add the vert and options, a new M3 will run about $78k, give or take a couple grand. While I am fortunate enough to afford it, I just don't feel that the car is worth it.
DropTopGal is offline   Reply With Quote