View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 10:32 AM   #21 (permalink)
Volk Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Nismo Z
Volk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasZ View Post
A positive change how? By moving the some of the rotational mass outward 2" you should be losing power, not gaining it. From what I've read and experienced with my 350Z, a gaining power doesn't seem possible. I went from 18's to 19's and the setup was lighter than stock.....yet the car still felt like I had lost some power.
I said a positive change not gaining power per say...
You are sure the 19s were lighter then your stock 18s?

Its common knowledge lighter wheel/tire better performance for cornering, accelerating etc.

The circumference of the entire wheel/tire was the same as stock so its not going 2inches larger.. The car dynamics stay the same as far as the height of the tire... But the sidewall gets reduced aiding in cornering and the overall weight of the rim being reduced allows for the power being put to the ground to move the wheel with less overall effort.

Its like saying lift a 50 pound weight and then lift a 30 pound weight... It doesnt mean you are stronger by lifting the 30 pound weight easier it just takes less overall effort to lift. (my best analogy for this situation)

Last edited by Volk Z; 04-02-2012 at 10:38 AM.
Volk Z is offline   Reply With Quote