View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 04:26 AM   #14 (permalink)
Mecinoid
Base Member

Drives: 16 370Z Sport Wht S7
Mecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond repute

Those look like socket scratches from air impact socket. I wrap my socket with electrical tape to minimize those types of scratches. The other nicks could be from the guy being carless and just hitting the wheel instead of finding the hole to put the socket in.

Simply careless.

Don't forget that a log, tire tread or rock can be thrown into your wheel as you go down the road and therefore could have happened with you not knowing. Not something you'll hear most likely.

However, it doesn't look like that is what happened in this case.

Most likely Costco will refinish the wheel(s) for you. I've been there with other tire companies and I know it's not fun. Good luck !!!! I hope it gets fixed quickly.
Please post results ... Thanks Mecinoid