View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 10:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
2ndChance
Base Member

Drives: like he stole it
2ndChance has a reputation beyond repute2ndChance has a reputation beyond repute2ndChance has a reputation beyond repute2ndChance has a reputation beyond repute2ndChance has a reputation beyond repute2ndChance has a reputation beyond repute2ndChance has a reputation beyond repute2ndChance has a reputation beyond repute2ndChance has a reputation beyond repute2ndChance has a reputation beyond repute2ndChance has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Poorman's GoPro ($1 Mod)

Today while shopping at $1 store (Because I'm Poor) I came across this suction cup anti slip mat for cellphones... then a bright idea came to my mind.

I've always wanted a GoPro but wasn't sure if the pricetag was worth it, because it would be mostly a one time use gadget. I often do drag race with a group of friends and this is great to record their run.

So I made this, with some small adjustments you can get a great recording angle!!

Features of the PoorMan's GoPro:
-720p HD recording and 5mp stills with iPhone 4, Audio recording. 1080p available with more advanced phones.
-REAL TIME viewing and playback of your recordings
-Firm grip allow video stability, while still maintaining rear view mirror function
-Easy 1-Step to install and remove, no tools required.
-Bonus: Doubles as GPS, portable gaming system, etc.

Cons:
-Only compatible with flat backs cellphones
-Only in-cabin record allowed at the time, a PoorMans Gopro v2 is under development which retains all the functionality of the v1 plus exterior video recording.

Only purple heart shape was available at the time. But I think it is quite cute

Still Taken going at 30mph

Video Footage. In case you're wondering I have stock I/E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsDcSfdH-Ko

Last edited by 2ndChance; 03-31-2012 at 10:41 PM.
2ndChance is offline   Reply With Quote