View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 06:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
spinhead
Base Member

Drives: 09 370z BS 6MT
spinhead has a reputation beyond reputespinhead has a reputation beyond reputespinhead has a reputation beyond reputespinhead has a reputation beyond reputespinhead has a reputation beyond reputespinhead has a reputation beyond reputespinhead has a reputation beyond reputespinhead has a reputation beyond reputespinhead has a reputation beyond reputespinhead has a reputation beyond reputespinhead has a reputation beyond repute
Default Squeaky clutch pedal

My clutch pedal has started squeaking. The noise happens about half way between the up and down position. I can feel that something is rubbing in there as well. I took it to the dealer once when it happened before, they tightened the spring and lubed something in there and it stopped for a while. But now it's back, and my warranty just ran out =/ I tried spraying WD-40 at some of the connections/joints that I could get to in there, but it isn't helping at all so obviously I'm not hitting whatever is actually rubbing.

I sort of suspect that the pedal is kind of loose because of the way I depress the clutch: I move my foot not just up but a little to the left when I release the clutch, to get a smoother release. When I was spraying the WD-40 I pushed the pedal with my hand and observed the motion; the pedal now seems to move sideways just a bit as it moves up and down. Does it sound like I'll need to have the clutch pedal replaced? If so, is there a more solid aftermarket option available?

Thanks