View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 02:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
flashburn
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '12 Corvette GS 6M
flashburn is just really niceflashburn is just really niceflashburn is just really niceflashburn is just really niceflashburn is just really nice
Default F'ed up my wheel lock? Help!

So I did something really stupid. I was trying to swap out my rotors, and failed, couldn't get the damn thing off. I decided I was just going to take it over to a guy at Nissan that I trust to do it.

In the process of putting back on my wheels, I forgot to put on the spacer. It wasn't until my car was back on the ground, and I was torquing up the lugnuts when I noticed that the wheel lock was just spinning in place, immediately I realized that the spacer wasn't on there. I jacked the car back up, removed the lug nuts, but the wheel lock is just spinning in place. It feels like it's separated from itself.

Any idea how I can get this bastard off?

Worst case is, I have some open ended lug nuts, I should be able to throw those on the other 4 bolts, and at least drive to Nissan. How safe will that be? Nissan is like 5 miles away, on a 50 mph road.