View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 12:57 AM   #28 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by psibrr View Post
this may be repetitive ..

re; prev. comment on brakes, 370z brakes are much upgraded compared to 350z, which had issues. see link:

***************************************/tabid/57/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/11/370Z-Brakes.aspx

Also I believe the 18'' 370z wheels are 7 lbs lighter than 350z stock 18'', and
the S/P 19'' are another 5 lbs lighter than the 18'' 370z's, each wheel that is.

Contra Augustus, noise is about same IMO compared to 18''s, just higher frequency. Suspension's 'anti-ripple' and other improvements make up for 19'' sensitivity. ( Things are either too sensitive or not enough, a theme on this site.) I use it as DD, and the oil cooler seems to be fine but I have yet to try extended >100 cruising speeds..

Also, that article goes into description of lighter, stronger bearings, spindles etc. To track, adding steel lines and higher temp brake fluid could be all that's needed .. as the article states.

My S/P came with backup cam, wireless remote & compass auto dim mirror, $800 retail. Loss of rear wiper is irrelevant with cam, as far as backups, & could also just add something like aquapel to rear window if need be ( a non-silicone version of rain-X.)

The S/P is $3K, but wheel upgrade alone can easily be 2K if you're trying for 19'' and branding, same ultra-lightness, etc. Add 14'' 4 piston brakes with constant pressure,the LSD, Synchro, chin and spoiler for zero lift and 0.29 drag, a usable oil cooler that does -something-, and the backup mirror for 1K more, not a bad deal?

re: methodical4u: '12 has the glove compartment, as well as cubby, btw. plus shelf behind seats and door storage, plus console in middle, padded. but agree, phone (or tablet) could be nav tool, charger in console. Also, easy to toss stuff in 'trunk' area behind your headrest.
Pretty much a repeat of what I said so
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote