Thread: CAI options
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 09:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
XwChriswX
WFLYIDNNE

Drives: 02 GDB WRX
XwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apyung1506 View Post
I've been searching threads and reading about CAIs. It seems like 8 out of 10 go with the Stillen Gen 3. I'm looking for other options. I am looking for a CAI that doesn't involve cutting or modifying the engine compartment and doesn't involve removing the bumper for filter maintenance. I know the Gen 3 produces the most Hps and Torque and understand why it's setup the way it is. I want a CAI that is easy to install and easy to clean. Don't mind if it doesn't put out as much as the Gen 3 does. What other options are there? I've seen the setups of different hoses and upgraded filters but is there other CAI systems that are recommended? Thanks for any help/input. This will probably be the mod that pops my Z's cherry since my birthday is coming up.
For CAI's we have:

Stillen Gen III - Cut front wall, remove bumper for filter mx
Takeda - Cut front wall (I believe), remove bumper for mx
Injen - Remove bumper for filter mx
AEM - Remove bumpter for filter mx
Stock - Don't have to touch anything.

If you wanna stick with a 'CAI' then that's your only option. Maybe do a MAF Tube and Drop Ins and be done with it. Less HP than a Stillen, but still a CAI.

If you're interested in a Short Ram Intake (From inside the Engine Bay):

Stillen Gen II
R2C
Takeda
JWT Pop Chargers
K&N Intakes
Weapon-R Racing - (If they ever release them... )

Any others I'm missing guys?

These won't net you as much HP as a CAI, but you will get a more pronounced intake sound, if you like that. With some higher gains than 'stock'. You don't have to remove the bumper or cut anything to install them either. And the price is usually about 1/2 that of the Stillen Gen III's.

Bonnie - Stage 2, Audio build coming this fall!
R.I.P. Abby 3/29/10 - 3/30/14
XwChriswX is offline   Reply With Quote