View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 08:47 AM   #11 (permalink)
DIGItonium
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Z34-TT 6MT
DIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond repute

Last weekend my aftermarket clutch welded itself to the flywheel on my first run at the strip. I briefly spun the tires, staged, feather at 1.5k RPM, took off, and then realize I'm stuck in 1st. Finally got out, had trouble in 2nd, grinded getting into 3rd a few times, but coasted after getting in gear. For the past several months I've been having gearshift issues which stems from the clutch disk dragging with the flywheel.

Anyhow, I now have a ceramic disk, new master cylinder and ZSpeed CSC (to be safe). After bleeding all the air out, the driving feel is amazing. Shift effort is light, not notchy, etc.

But then I started grinding 3rd. I was grinding 3rd after picking up the car the night before, but I thought it was because of air in the clutch lines. What's interesting is the throw into 3rd felt a bit shorter. The tech noticed this as well. When driving home and testing I notice 3rd only grinds when revs are above 3k RPM regardless of load.

This morning when I drove to work 3rd didn't grind at all, it wasn't notchy, and throws felt normal. Then once I was approaching my workplace (after 15 min worth of freeway driving) it grinded once when I revved past 3k.

Praying it's only an adjustment issue at the moment.