View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 12:16 AM   #1985 (permalink)
frost
Retired admin

Drives: Your Wife Crazy
frost frost frost frost frost frost frost frost frost frost frost

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackZeda View Post
Thanks for posting that article. This past weekend I participated in a level 2 concealed handgun training course spanning two days. The first day I used my H&K P2000SK 9mm and the second day I used my Glock 19 Gen 4 as these are the only two of my weapons that I would carry. The program consisted of a point shooting, moving while shooting, shooting from behind cover, shooting from the ground and tactical reloading.

Going in I was a bit concerned that my accuracy would suffer when using the P2000SK because of the DA and short barrel/sight length; the little sucker destroyed those concerns as I could quickly and accurately hit targets at will. I found the Glock 19 to be suprisingly accurate and felt great as well. It did bite me during a left handed shooting drill, but that is because I didn't have my right thumb in the correct position (that will learn me ).

The first day all the other participants including the instructors suffered various malfunctions with handguns that were other than Glock or H&K. It was a bit unnerving to see that guys couldn't complete some drills due to a non-functioning handgun. On the other hand my confidence with Glock and H&K has been affirmed in a big way since I experienced nary an issue. The second day the instructors showed up with Glock 17s which allowed the demonstrations to go much more smoothly.

Glock and H&K

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooftop View Post
<insert snarky, slightly condescending frost joke>
frost is offline   Reply With Quote