Thread: KW Variant 3?
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 05:51 PM   #45 (permalink)
bmarcinczyk14
Track Member

Drives: 2010 370z 6spd Sport
bmarcinczyk14 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mergnthwirker View Post
I think I see where you are coming from. This is a lot more relevant for true McPherson struts than it is for a wishbone suspension like the 370Z has.

For the Z, actual performance has a lot more to do with spring rates and valving than with the configuration of the strut.

You have to flush the Sentra suspension from your brain and look at the way the Z suspension actually works. The aftermarket coilovers for the Sentra DO work better as you state, because of their configuration, whereas for the Z this is much less true. My old '91 Sentra SE-R got a huge benefit from coilovers because it improved the suspension. For the Z, it's all about height, spring rates and shock valving.

Any clearer? HTH!
ok, yes this cleared many things up for me. that was in fact my problem, i had the sentra suspension in my head lol. coilovers make a major improvement for the sentra because the stock setup isnt even a coilover setup, where as on the z it is. ive been asking this question many times and im going to ask it again, does the 350z have a coilover spring/strut design in the front like the 370 does? im not talking about the wishbone or mcpherson design, simply talking about the spring/strut, and whether or not the 350z's is a coilover like the 370.
bmarcinczyk14 is offline   Reply With Quote