View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 10:09 AM   #2 (permalink)
shadoquad
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: .
shadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't gotten down to that level, but my mother took the seats apart to work on my custom seats. And I have also noticed some discomfort in the touring seats. Mine are base seats, so I don't feel any pinch or footsleepyness

1. Position the seatbacks forward and remove the headrests. Seats have to be forward for the headrests to come out without much issue.

2. The seats are held on by four bolts each with plastic bolt covers, and connected with 2-3 wires, depending on touring/non-touring. Push the seats all the way forward and remove the first two bolts. Then push the seats all the way back and remove the second two.

3. Rock the chair back and disconnect the wires underneath the seat. Then you should be able to remove them from the vehicle. Easy task, but be careful.

4. Unzip the zippers on the back of the seat and take off the headrest holders. That will get you down to the foam.

From there, I'm not certain where or how to proceed, but I hope that gets you started at least.
shadoquad is offline   Reply With Quote