View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 09:14 PM   #299 (permalink)
andre12031948
Banned

Drives: 08 350z black 6m/t
andre12031948 has a spectacular aura aboutandre12031948 has a spectacular aura aboutandre12031948 has a spectacular aura about
Default not that fast but a true nice story-LONG story!

In 1981 I bought my 2nd Z, a 280zx Black w tan leather & T tops. A nice car for that time.
I was coming back from the N.Y.S. Catskills(singles weekend at the Concord After switching to the left & passing lane, a big sedan got on my tail. I knew that I had a slick/sleek car, but since I drag raced a 1966 tri-power GTO, I knew that the Z was not fast. So I down shifted a couple of gears, then gunned it & power shifted through all the gears. Slowly his car got smaller in my rear view mirror & after loosing him over a hill & with the car not having any more gears to shift or rpm availible, I decided to slow down. There, I showed him, so I thought.
Well soon he appeared in my rear mirror & started to get larger & closer. Soon I saw him flashing his head lights from side to side. I thought maybe I should pull over. A uniformed cop with hand on holster/gun jumps out of what was at that time one of those new unmarked mognum 440 c.u. Chryslers. Oh sh*t !!! I mumbled something about just getting the car, drag racing past, & pleaded that he never put on his lights so I wasn't running away & some stupid jokes. Slowly he calmed down, we talked, I pleaded till he said I won't get arrested & he'll do me a favor & give me a ticken for going only at 105 mph. With the new lowered 55mph speed limit, 105 was 50 over the speed limit. He said anything over 50mph would result in losing my licence. Nice guy. I got really lucky. No engine governor(sp)? So I would guess 130mph. The Z's at that time did not have much H.P.
andre12031948 is offline   Reply With Quote