View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 03:56 PM   #19 (permalink)
6MT
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Reliant Robin
6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modshack View Post
Yours and similar posts have pretty much convinced me to leave the CATS alone. I think the Stillen is a tad quiet, but is a comfortable system when traveling with no bad characteristics. I'd be kicking myself if I made the change and then did not like it...
I must say by reading all the negative posts here, that I'm kind of disappointed. A lot of people (by far the majority) talk about "modding" their cars. With just a little (and I mean a small amount) of research, one can find out loads about what the different mods will accomplish.

I was the same way. Some pointed questions, a little research, and finally... the big decision was made.

Nah, I've decided not to continue. I'll get flamed too hard.

So people..... my experience was to do the Stillen HFC's, CBE, Gen II intake system, and sway bars. I was surprised with the sound's "loudness". Yes, it's not quiet. But the performance gained far out weighs the "inconvenience" of the sound. I really like it. For those of you who are having trouble with the authorities, all I can say is I feel for you. Where I live, there's no such bother when we've got Harley's and the like driving around with what sounds like no exhaust at all.... the 370 sounds as quiet as a Honda Fit.

The HFC's (and the whole exhaust system) "resonate" at different revs. Cold starts are LOUD. Some speeds (read: revs) are uncomfortable (read: droning). But, I took a four day trip with the car and was very surprised at the level of comfort (sound wise). The audio system would generally cover up any exhaust notes when I wanted it to. After that, the rolled-up windows did wonders.

2009 370Z Sport/Touring 6MT sold
2013 Honda Civic Si coupe D/D
6MT is offline   Reply With Quote