View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 11:35 AM   #45 (permalink)
Elric
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z MB M6
Elric is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcheng View Post
Hey Elric, you can't compare the price/rate between US and Canada, everything in the State is cheaper than Canada, that's why there're so many Canadian go to shop in the State.

We pay higher price for car, fuel, insurance, parts, labor, almost all the consumer goods are more expensive in Canada than in US.

If you want to have the expense as low as US, sorry bud, unless you move to the State.

Regarding your insurance rate, first of all, how old are you?? No matter how clean your driving record is, your insurance rate is gonna be sky high if you are under 25.

When I was 19, I paid $8000 for an 4 years old Integra that worths less than $4000 and that was some 18 years ago.

"High Risk Pool", you heard about it, right??

Wait til you turn 25 and have a clean driving record, then you can enjoy a much lower rate.

Come to Ontario, I think the rate in here is even higher because we have a open market and they(insurance company) can set whatever the rate they want and the government won't do anything to regulate it, because higher premium=more taxes.
Thanks for bringing up this idea of being in the "high risk pool". That could really explain it. I drive very carefully and aviod doing stupid stuff. But being five years away from turning 25, I need to bear with it for now and build up my record overtime.
Elric is offline   Reply With Quote