Thread: Cheap Y pipe
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 11:17 AM   #197 (permalink)
slo
Base Member

Drives: 370, TBSS, ZX10r
slo will become famous soon enoughslo will become famous soon enough

With all my previous cars and bikes, I have always been a high end parts type person. Always using brands like ARC, HKS, Tanabe, Volk, Work, etc. But for test pipes, I wasn't about to pay the premium prices for just 4 flanges and two short bent pipes.

So I went ahead and purchased the topspeed test pipes on ebay. Rest of exhaust is stock. Gotta say that overall I am happy, paid far less than other test pipes, fitment was perfect. Only hiccup was that it came with 10 sets of nuts/bolts and 4 of them were larger. Good for the holes in the new test pipes but too big for the factory flanges to connect to.

Had to find a couple of extra nuts/bolts around the shop to replace them with.

WOT sounds great.... sound very exotic. Cruising at constant speed is dead quiet exactly like stock. Slight easing throttle gets raspy at around 2k rpm's then goes away pretty quickly. If the rasp ends up bothering me more over time, I will have my guy weld in two resonators which will be done easily and for next to nothing.

EDIT - just an FYI, I contacted the seller, told him about the 4 nuts/bolts and he was very quick in responding that he would send out replacements free of charge. Response was so quick and professional that I told him nevermind since I used other nuts/bolts that were at the shop.

Here is the seller in case anyone wants to know, I have no affiliation with them except that I just installed their test pipe.

Last edited by slo; 03-28-2012 at 04:43 PM.
slo is offline   Reply With Quote