View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 09:22 PM   #69 (permalink)
Methodical4u
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 370 6mt pw w/sp
Methodical4u is a jewel in the roughMethodical4u is a jewel in the roughMethodical4u is a jewel in the roughMethodical4u is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatOne View Post
Thanks for the comparision

I had a 05 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart prior to my Z.

While I had an itch for a new car and the Subaru Imprezza/WRX was on my short list due to cost, I am a Z Fanboy easily...so had to go with my dream car, wouldn't have taken anything less

Definitely whats tempting about the WRX is the ease to increase power and that its already boosted. I totally get what you were trying to say when you were comparing the two.
It's not really about the power so much, although having a turbo does make it easier and i'm not far from Agile tuning which is pretty much an all Subaru shop which is cool if I wanted to go the full mod route. My point of the whole thread, or what I was TRYING to get across before people turned it into a who's faster war was the pros and cons and that even with the cons, the car is still very nice for me. There are multiple ways you can look at it. I did all the car research for my Mother years ago and she went with an 08 Altima. I was impressed with Nissan's fit and finish... if I wanted the BEST interior I would have gone GTI, but it's just FWD and though that's not bad in the snow.. AWD is just better. If I wanted faster then yeah, I might have gone STI or another Evo... but for 24,5 vs 34 or 36k the STI is really no faster until you're tracking the car. In a straight line the new STI is neck and neck with the WRX and they have run a stock WRX at 12.9 @ 104 mph which isn't bad considering the power output.

Like I said though.. I didn't get the car for that stuff. I got it for all of my daily driving, some fun driving, doing whatever else I need to do with the added room I have. Would I have kept the Z if I wouldn't have been trying to cut down on bills? Sure. Am I crushed that I traded it? Nope. I could have kept it, but having the Subaru allows me to have extra money at the end of the month which is always a plus.