View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 08:17 PM   #1013 (permalink)
Dembflyr
Track Member

Drives: G37S Sedan
Dembflyr is a name known to allDembflyr is a name known to allDembflyr is a name known to allDembflyr is a name known to allDembflyr is a name known to allDembflyr is a name known to all

I was able to take my car for a long cruise today. It's the first one since I swapped back to my sport shocks and added the Swift springs. I was on the nismo springs and shocks.

I am extremely happy with the ride quality. The nismo suspension was stiff and very bouncy. The Swifts are definitely stiffer than the sport but it's a smooth ride. It's not bouncy at all. The car feels like it handles just as good as it did with the nismo. Maybe a bit better. Rather than feeling twitchy in bumpy corners it takes the bumps much better while staying planted. Basically it gives you a better feel in the corners.

The ride is a bit lower than I am used to but it looks good. I just have to adjust my driving style to avoid dips in the road. And I don't have any issues getting into my driveway which is a good thing.

I did install rear camber arms with my Swift springs. I wanted to take out most of the camber to get the best contact patch due to the fact that I have a lot of excess power.
My alignment specs came in well except for rear toe. I have the toe bolts but I didn't think I needed them. I will install them and get the alignment redone. I think my car would've needed at least toe bolts even if I didn't do the camber arms.

So far I am very happy that I went with Swift.

2009-6MT-Sport/Touring-Dembflyr's Journal-TT Build Thread-CAR IS SOLD
Dembflyr is offline   Reply With Quote