View Single Post
Old 01-05-2009, 03:48 AM   #8 (permalink)
Skaterbasist
Base Member

Drives: 06 G35 Coupe 6MT
Skaterbasist has a reputation beyond reputeSkaterbasist has a reputation beyond reputeSkaterbasist has a reputation beyond reputeSkaterbasist has a reputation beyond reputeSkaterbasist has a reputation beyond reputeSkaterbasist has a reputation beyond reputeSkaterbasist has a reputation beyond reputeSkaterbasist has a reputation beyond reputeSkaterbasist has a reputation beyond reputeSkaterbasist has a reputation beyond reputeSkaterbasist has a reputation beyond repute

I have driven the 370Z myself and, even before the test drive, I was curious to see if the syncro rev-match feature did anything during upshifts- it did not. You can easily jolt the car with crappy shifts (not rev-matching your upshifts). Maybe im missing something here, but atleast during my test drive, it didn't do anything for my upshifts.

I see that as a good thing. Rev matching itself is a peace of cake during downshifts. Now if someone really needs to get their upshifts rev-matched or is just to lazy to do so themslves, then that's pretty sad. Even with the optional off-button, that person should look into a 7AT instead.
Skaterbasist is offline   Reply With Quote