View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 02:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
Augustus
Base Member

Drives: 2011 370Z Touring M6
Augustus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoren 370 View Post
I guess I did not notice it as my biggest mistake I picked it up almost sundown.

A door ding isn't a warranty item. Even if it was there from the factory, at this point you're out of luck. No way to prove it.

Even if you'd caught it at the dealership, all they would have done is have their 'painless door ding' guy pull it out the next time he came around. Call your dealer and ask who they use. They'll likely have a guy who comes around every few weeks to pull dings out of their trade-ins. That guy will almost certainly be willing to fix yours for a small fee. Little door dings usually cost like $50-$75 to have fixed. Sometimes less. If the dealership doesn't know or won't tell you, hit Google or your Yellow Pages. I think every town in America has a dent-guy.

No way I'd call my insurance company for something as simple as a door ding. Even if you do have like a zero deductible on your comprehensive, it's not worth submitting a claim for something like this. Absolutely not worth having the claim on your record for something that costs about the same as a tank of gas to fix.

Good luck!

Last edited by Augustus; 03-27-2012 at 02:22 PM.
Augustus is offline   Reply With Quote