View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 02:01 PM   #34 (permalink)
Boosted Performance
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Z's
Boosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by edub370 View Post
TBH tho, for the minimal boost that most people run on these cars (anywhere from 7-10psi most of the time) a larger turbo isn't needed because 600whp is the danger zone for these engines. seems almost like a smaller turbo would serve a better purpose for the boost that we are running, no?
This is true to a degree. Once people start building the engines, this becomes a problem. Now you have to use a large turbine for the added flow, but you will lose a lot of spool with a kit that places the turbo far from the engine. Also, these engines are not made to be torque monsters, so low RPM boost does not play a big role. This is a high revving V6 and it makes its power at 4500rpm+.

I will have 4 turbine options, so it will cover everything from a stock block to a fully built one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackonorange View Post
Or maybe its a .67 now that you mention it idk ,
They told me I coulda got the bigger turbine housing cause of my sea level but I just left it , looking forward to see what your kit does

No such thing, it must be a T4 .68 then.
Boosted Performance is offline   Reply With Quote