View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 11:08 PM   #1649 (permalink)
ChipsWithDips
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '11 Gunmetal 370Z MT
ChipsWithDips has a spectacular aura aboutChipsWithDips has a spectacular aura about

Hey travis. I was looking at some different single exhaust setups to get some ideas for my car and I saw that you are running a single. At one point you mentioned that the tubing was done in aluminum, but it looks like your exhaust setup has changed. Are you still running aluminum pipe with the burns stainless muffler? How do you like it? Is it incredibly loud? I would like to run something similar on a street car, but I'm not sure if it would just be way too loud.

I'm wondering why aluminum exhausts are not more popular in general though. Someone told me that such lightweight material gives it a really bad sound, so maybe that is one reason, but I've never heard one in person to verify that.

Also, in my searching I found that vibrant sells all aluminum mufflers as well. Any reason you didn't go with something like that?
Vibrant Performance ::.

Oh, one other thing: do you have any pics of your laminova oil cooler setup? I searched this thread, but didn't see any. I'm interested in how you mounted it, routed the lines etc.
ChipsWithDips is offline   Reply With Quote