Thread: STI or 370Z
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 11:44 AM   #52 (permalink)
Augustus
Base Member

Drives: 2011 370Z Touring M6
Augustus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
I'm all about the driving experience too. Whatever makes you happy is what you should drive.

"Whatever makes you happy" is the absolute, final, & indisputably correct answer when it comes to, "what should I buy". Drive everything, buy what you can afford, fits your needs, and makes you smile. And when you get bored with that car, trade it in on something else. Life's too short for anything else.

That said... having owned a WRX in the past, and now a Z, I don't really understand the comparison. They're quite different. Arguing over which is "better" is sort of like arguing between a minivan and a pickup truck. Comparisons (arguments) tend to run in circles because it's tricky to directly compare them. If you want a quick, smallish, reasonably affordable sedan/hatchback with AWD, then a WRX is a fantastic choice. If you want a quick, reasonably affordable 2-seat RWD sports car, then a Z is a fantastic choice. Each has strengths and weaknesses.

If it's just a 0-60/quarter-mile bragging rights thing, then just go buy a Mustang GT with Miata doors and call it a day. You win, I lose, game over.

Last edited by Augustus; 03-26-2012 at 11:53 AM.
Augustus is offline   Reply With Quote