Thread: STI or 370Z
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 11:17 AM   #40 (permalink)
phelan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Scoobaroo
phelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sibze View Post
Soooooooooo whats everyone doing in here?
having a good discussion. you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerribleONE View Post
on the STI vs 370Z side of things... Every person I know with a subie has had nothing but problems, broken axles, blown diffs, motors going... I have driven them many times and while they are a blast to drive I personally prefer RWD. Go test drive both and see what you feel... Remember that the STI feels faster than it really is due to the turbo... AWD is great until you get addicted to axis spins and go through tires like crazy! I would personally rather have the Z as I feel the car is more fun to drive and if you like spirited driving I feel the Z is safer despite what people say.. AWD is awesome until it lets go and many people seem to over correct due to the front wheels pulling you away from the slide.. just my .02 cents
really? all of my subie friends are all okay. i know people who have everything from the gc8 until the latest grb / gh8, and they're fine. everybody freaked out over the 2008 ringland issue, but that was for the most part resolved. the people i know who have issues are the ones who messed with their engines without ever learning what "leaning out" means. be prepared for a strange world where everybody <3s exhausts and free HP...but anything more will rip a humongous hole in your wallet.

as a lucky owner i have both a wrx and a z. yes, not an STi, but as mentioned previously, it's not like the difference is that big. yes, the transmission is different and the WRX obviously gets the short end of the stick in that department, but aside from the transmission there really isn't much different. even the body panels are the same. and personally, i drive the subaru EVERYWHERE. even to z meets don't get me wrong the Z is a fun car but it's exactly that...a fun car. weekend warrior to me. if you want something more practical, the hatch WRX / STi is a good car.

and can't compare the z cars being more safe because AWD lets go, this and that happens. that's just people needing to learn more about their cars. driver knowledge goes a long way.

凛 ('Rin') - 2009 Nissan 370Z
With silence comes peace. With peace comes freedom. With freedom comes silence.
phelan is offline   Reply With Quote