Thread: STI or 370Z
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 11:16 AM   #39 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerribleONE View Post
on the STI vs 370Z side of things... Every person I know with a subie has had nothing but problems, broken axles, blown diffs, motors going... I have driven them many times and while they are a blast to drive I personally prefer RWD. Go test drive both and see what you feel... Remember that the STI feels faster than it really is due to the turbo... AWD is great until you get addicted to axis spins and go through tires like crazy! I would personally rather have the Z as I feel the car is more fun to drive and if you like spirited driving I feel the Z is safer despite what people say.. AWD is awesome until it lets go and many people seem to over correct due to the front wheels pulling you away from the slide.. just my .02 cents

If I were going AWD? My pick would be the EVO hands down. Though it takes a step down in interior quality. Mitsu turbos are some of the most efficient turbos out there for the money. Those lil 2.0's are so well built they can handle 700hp easily. I like the STi as a stock daily driver and for spirited runs. But if you are going beyond the standard intake/exhaust on an STi? You better be prepared to put 7 grand in engine prep alone. Its not worth the headache. Sadly, there's no mod potential argument on an STI. What it costs to boost a Z is what it will cost to make an STi 700hp capble with no High End power.

So mod potential is a bad case for the STi. If you were going to mod heavily??? The Evo shoulda been your car.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote