View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 10:33 AM   #46 (permalink)
gaveup
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 10 Nissan 370Z MB M6
gaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr750 View Post
I stand corrected I got the HP from wikipedia and took the lower of the 2 ratings, so its a 2.5 Liter 4 cylinder boxer rated at 224 HP and 265 HP.

Right from the start its down, almost 70hp on a stock 370Z and it has 4 doors, there is really no getting over that.

As you stated you still have drop $2k into it just to get it approaching a 370Z's stock numbers.

If anything you should have went for something that more HP than the 370Z, unless your getting to old to handle a more powerfull car.

I learned a long time ago that once you are spoiled by a more powerfull vehicle, going backwards never really satisfies you.

The only reason I could really see to down size in HP would be to get greater gas mileage, lets say 45-50 mpg.

Face it you went from Catrinel Menghia, to a life with Snooki.
You really don't have much of a clue do you? Gear head for X number of years and still have no idea about the specific car which you are knocking.

Before I had my Z I had a 2007 WRX TR. For what it was, it was a great car. Even stock it was pretty quick. Basic stage 2 bolt ons (exhaust and tune) and the car was running low 13's and put 240whp down on a MUSTANG dyno. Once I got bored with it at that point I ordered a VF39 and friend gave me an STI intercooler. Installed them all on a weekend, had a friend email me a tune (a tune that costs me $75 for the cable, since everything for those cars are open source). And in a few hours improved my cars performance a crap ton.

On that configuration my car went 12.7 with a garbage 1.8 60ft (I really needed to raise the 2 step up to 5500rpm). After that, I got a MBC and used that to control and hold boost MUCH better, but never took it back to the track and decided to get a Z.

You can talk all you want about the wrx, but in my mind sometimes I wish I still had it. All the mods I had into the car was less money than pretty much test pipes and an intake for the Z.