View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 08:26 AM   #15 (permalink)
kannibul
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Touring/Sport
kannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple's View Post
I know everyone has there prefences on what oil filter is better and what's trash but keep this in mind if you follow the recomended oil changes that nissan recomends there aren't going to be any issues. Now if you do your own oil changes and decide to use an non nissan oil filter and that happens to fail don't cry when the dealer wont repair it under warranty but if you decide to use the nissan brand and it fails there isn't going to be an issue. just my two cents. and I know what are the odds.
That actually is an instance where the Ferguson-Moss Act applies...in terms of the oil filter.

Using your own maintenance schedule...well, they can deny a claim based on that easily enough...but, using a different brand of oil filter isn't something they can stand on.
kannibul is offline   Reply With Quote