View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 11:22 PM   #20 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecnet View Post
This looks almost exactly like the AEM intake I just installed. These will definitely take air from the same place judging by the relocation of the washer reservoir. In fact the reservoir and brackets pictured look identical to the AEM units. The only difference I see between these and the AEM intakes is the placement of the MAF (AEM places the maf very near the intake filters) and the addition of water bypass valves. With that being said, front bumper will not need to be removed to service filters, but wheels and inner fender liners will need to be.
The Key word in this post is "almost". Its possible that nismo did look for a company to copy. Stillen and AEM are the two most recognized intakes by nissan corp. But I think its possible that NISMO may have tweaked a design to run more efficiently? Also the fact that the bumper doesn't need to come off for a CAI of this length on a 370z says a lot. I know that most guys want the G3, but I'm am a strong opponent of taking my whole front off once a year to clean or replace air filters. Fitment of the fender will get shoddy quick. I plan to keep this car so the best bang for the buck while keeping the integriity of my car is the main goal.
But after thinking about it... I think I jumped the gun by wanting these. What's the point if FI is my goal? I will just keep my intake hoses.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote