View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 08:56 PM   #29 (permalink)
Methodical4u
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 370 6mt pw w/sp
Methodical4u is a jewel in the roughMethodical4u is a jewel in the roughMethodical4u is a jewel in the roughMethodical4u is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeShow View Post
Looks good. What's a Opti-coat? How much and where to get it done?
Opti-coat is sort of like putting on a sealant or wax... it's a semi permenant coating that nothing will adhere to. When it's fully cured it has a level of 9h on the hardness scale. I read that's about as hard as pencil lead... pretty good. Bugs, tar, etc etc don't stick though.. you use the hose and the stuff just sprays right off. For many it works for 2 years... depending on conditions in your area. I really like it. You can get it pretty much at any auto place... autogeek, etc and can apply it yourself, but you really should polish the paint or have someone do it. 1 syringe of it costs 60.00 and you only need about 15 cc's to do a car. You can do headlights, wheels and plastic as well. The car MUST be cleaned with an alcohol/water wipedown before applying as well. I have a youtube video on it... look it up, you'll see the blue WRX on there.