View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 08:18 PM   #22 (permalink)
christian370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 370Z/Saab 900se
christian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methodical4u View Post
this is after washing, polishing and adding opti-coat. I HIGHLY recommend opti-coat to anyone with thin or japanese paint.
I've used Opti-Coat, Opti-Coat V2 (a nice improvement), Cquartz and Aquartz and semi permanent coatings are the future in my opinion. The Subie looks great btw! I love seeing clean cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methodical4u View Post
Oh i'm not worried about them... I know the car is a very good car. I'm not planning on going to some super high power level... 300 whp or a little over would be fine and not that expensive to do... but i'm in no rush. Most of the guys on here that give the WRX a hard time are mostly upset because the car... as much as I like the Z, just isn't that fast... not as fast as they would like it to be.
It isn't that fast? A 300whp WRX might have the advantage to 60 or slightly above but power/tq starts to drop off at the top end, especially when tuned. From experience, my Z pulled on a cobb stage 2 Sti, even more so in the triple digits where the subie started to struggle. It may feel faster from the additional torque, but the Z is hardly "not that fast". Anything with a 3.7l V6 (w/ minor bolt ons) that can keep up with the likes of an E9X M3 is fast in my opinion.
SP Rays -- RE-11s -- SpecialtyZ Tune -- Swift Springs -- Stillen 25R Oil Cooler -- Stillen G3 Intakes -- Berk HFCs -- F.I. 12" CBE -- Stillen Sway Bars -- Es14 Spring -- INGS+1 lip -- CF Spoiler -- GTR Start Button -- VLED Parking Lights -- PWJDM V2 shift knob