View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 05:41 PM   #18 (permalink)
Methodical4u
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 370 6mt pw w/sp
Methodical4u is a jewel in the roughMethodical4u is a jewel in the roughMethodical4u is a jewel in the roughMethodical4u is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augustus View Post
Nice car. Enjoy your WRX. Ignore the haters. Some won't be able to understand why you'd want to trade-in a RWD "sports car" for an AWD "econobox". Especially in a Z forum, what'd ya expect? I owned a 2005 WRX, and I still miss it from time-to-time. Especially when it snows.

Seriously though, if you've going to mod, be aware of the warranty implications. While no manufacturer embraces mods, Subaru is especially vigilant about denying claims for modded WRX's. They know that people mod them. At least, that was the big hubbub back in 2005-2007 when I was into the NASIOC scene. Maybe it's different now.

Good luck!
Oh i'm not worried about them... I know the car is a very good car. I'm not planning on going to some super high power level... 300 whp or a little over would be fine and not that expensive to do... but i'm in no rush. Most of the guys on here that give the WRX a hard time are mostly upset because the car... as much as I like the Z, just isn't that fast... not as fast as they would like it to be.