View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 04:35 PM   #213 (permalink)
rhd
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Women Crazy
rhd will become famous soon enoughrhd will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flushnismo View Post
How did you wrap the trim around the shifter? Was it difficult?
1) Completely take the ring off of the shifter/boot assembly

2) Lay the ring upside down on the paper side of the vinyl

3) Draw with a pencil/pen around the ring edges AT LEAST an inch outside and inside.

4) cut with scissors on your lines, you will have a big vinyl doughnut looking ring.

5) Peel off the sticky back and lay on table, center the ring upside down on the sticky back and press onto sticky sided vinyl.

6) Holding down on the ring, upside down, sticky side up, move the ring to the edge of the table so part of the ring hangs off so you can hold the ring with one hand and slowly work the sticky vinyl around the edges. Work slowly, move the ring around while slowly working the sticky onto the edges. Try to push a little more of the vinyl in the ridges near where the emergency flasher button and other button is (my other button does nothing)

7) When you get all you can get wrapped with you fingers, get your heat gun out and put A LITTLE HEAT on the vinyl where it will go under the ring, you might have to trim some so you don't have a bunch on the bottom of then ring, to start its better to have more than not enough, you can always trim but you cant add. You will get the feel for the heat gun very quickly, it does not take much heat to get the vinyl to wrap easily. I did allot of trimming excess off the bottom of the ring, when I was close to being done I used a window lippin stick (plastic Teflon tool) to mash the last of the edges into the underside of the ring, with a little heat it works great.

8) I did do the door controls first so I had allot better idea what I was up against when I did the ring. If you have something to practice on that would work too.

PM or post with any questions, there is also allot of Ytube info on applying Di Noc to different stuff: Info

Have FUN!

rhd is offline   Reply With Quote