View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 01:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
ZKindaGuy
Track Member

Drives: 370Z-AT7 Tour+Sport
ZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond repute
Question What does this message alert mean?

I pulled the 370Z into the garage. And shut off the engine. As I opened the door to exit the car, the bell kept dinging. A message alert showed on the alert gauge (fuel) screen. It showed a picture of a key and the message alert read "No Key". I closed the door to the car and the bell kept dinging and the screen changed its icon from the key icon to just a pictire icon of the key fob showing to insert it into the key fob hole in the dash.

I then went back into the car and the key fob icon changed back to the key icon and the alert message "No Key" came back on. I then started the car back up and then shut it off and got out of the car. This time the bell went off once I closed the door and the "key fob" icon came on the alert gauge. Once I locked the car up using the key fob the bell stopped dinging and the alert gauge turned off.

I thought maybe it was trying to say the battery in the key fob might need to be replaced but then why show the "key fob in dash slot" icon as its my understanding that the slot does NOT act as a "key-fob" battery charger.

What the hell was this all about? What was this messgae alert trying to tell me?

Last edited by ZKindaGuy; 08-21-2009 at 01:29 AM.
ZKindaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote