View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 04:18 PM   #5428 (permalink)
dAvenue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: angry
dAvenue has a reputation beyond reputedAvenue has a reputation beyond reputedAvenue has a reputation beyond reputedAvenue has a reputation beyond reputedAvenue has a reputation beyond reputedAvenue has a reputation beyond reputedAvenue has a reputation beyond reputedAvenue has a reputation beyond reputedAvenue has a reputation beyond reputedAvenue has a reputation beyond reputedAvenue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by onzedge View Post
I replaced the transmission and differential oils at about 10,000 miles and I plan on doing it about every 15 to 20 thousand miles. I used Redline MT 85 in the tranny and 75/90 in the rear. I highly recommend the redline products.

You are likely going to get a wide range of opinions on this topic. How often is best, what oils to use, etc., etc.

Also, Mr. Alchemy -- stay on top of that oil level -- it is one of those "ounce of prevention" type deals.
What amuses me about this, onzedge, is the stark contrast between enthusiasts and dealerships. I took my Z to the dealer at the 10K mark, and all they said was that it's "good to go" as no maintenance was required (I changed the oil a few weeks prior). They're the same dealership that told me this car did not have a break-in period. What a bunch of idiots.