View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 01:46 PM   #54 (permalink)
spearfish25
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: to work
spearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to spearfish25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetguy View Post
this price seems high to me. you get some bent (simple bends) sheet metal and orange hose. this would be pretty easy to duplicate in a metal shop/home shop with just a manual hand brake and a wire feed welder. cool product, great job, but the price point seems a little too much. $100-$150 seems more like it.
I'd very much like it to be free, but that's just not reality. In this case, the whole is equal to more than the sum of the parts. For over 3 years, no one has come out with a brake cooling kit for this car. The simple matter of fact is that making the replacement splash guard that mounts on the hub and has a hose flange isn't so straight forward. If you can do it yourself, go for it. Until some other companies come out with similar kits, Stillen can charge whatever they like. $295 is reasonable for anyone that truly needs it. Would I like it to be $150? Absolutely, and I would have ordered already. For now, I'll ponder it a while longer and maybe order in a month or two if I think I really need it.

Last edited by spearfish25; 03-24-2012 at 01:48 PM.
spearfish25 is offline   Reply With Quote