View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 12:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
agescobedo
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z GM M6
agescobedo is on a distinguished road
Default Steering Wheel Noise (tic tic tic) - any ideas????

I bought my 370Z 3 yeas ago. I have ~20k miles on it and about a couple of months ago I started hearing this "ticking" noise (tic tic tic tic) apparently below the steering wheel. The noise happens as I start taking off (kind of fast; the faster the more it will tic) or when I start accelerating from a constant speed or when I am going 70+ mph. At constant high speeds the ticking is more consistent. The ticking sounds like an electronic component (actuator, solenoid, relay, etc.) that triggers and releases really fast.

First I though that it had something to do with some type of steering wheel speed sensitive control but I don't think the 370Z has that... if I am not mistaken they just have a "Vehicle-speed-sensitive power steering" which I don't think it is the same thing.

My car is at the dealer and they can't figure it out so I am asking anybody if this has happen to you or if you know what it is all about. They will call Nissan to get some input but that is pretty much as far as they will go.
agescobedo is offline   Reply With Quote