View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 06:52 AM   #43 (permalink)
PaulZ370
Track Member

Drives: 011 370 BSM/T/SP/6MT
PaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud of
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSTR View Post
This plus you need to drive a few miles to warm up the trans/diff fluids etc. Oil temp just means the motor is getting there. The trans etc all need to be properly warmed used at normal speeds as well. There is more to speed than just the motor

A Ferrari mechanic friend of mine lectured me on this a few years ago.

I usually start her up, wait for the initial sweep on the gauges to complete and the revs to drop to normal before I start moving (only to give the oil a little time to circulate all over). Ambient Temps in my part of the Country runs from lower 60's to 90+ about 8 months out of the year. The other months the Z is almost dormant but is taken out on nice warmer days on weekends. I don't push the car until I see about a 160 oil temp at least. I've used a similar philosophy on all my past vehicles, and have had some over 250K miles without any engine issues whatsoever - yeah ok, preventative maintenance is strictly adhered to... oops, matter of fact, that reminds me, I have two oil changes to do this morning...

ps: forgot about the revs... LOL!

BD2ZBN :: 2011 BSM/TRG/SP/6MT/Stillen Oil Cooler/K&N CAI/Michelin PSS/Brake Light/EIBACH Sway Bars/FI Res. HFC+18" Res. CBE/Morimoto XB LED/DRLs/10mm Spacers

Last edited by PaulZ370; 03-24-2012 at 04:21 PM.
PaulZ370 is offline   Reply With Quote