View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 04:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
somaddict
Base Member

Drives: none
somaddict is on a distinguished road
Default Taking the plunge - But not so fast!

Hello friends. I was this >< close to buying a 2011 NISMO (seriously have all the paperwork filled out) when I realized I should probably test drive one first! And for that matter, I should probably test drive a Touring Sport, too. Yes, I know I'm retarded for not doing this first and foremost, but honestly I was intoxicated by the whole affair, and luckily I woke up and searched for "370z NISMO vs Touring Sport," etc.

That brought me here. I wanted to ask for updated advice.

1. I have never been on a track. Not that the prospect doesn't excite me, it's just not likely. Should I even consider a NISMO other than for the marketing "WOW" factor? I must admit the luxury of the Touring Sport and its unapparent (presumably to someone like me) difference in overall performance makes it seem like the better choice. Also, the roads in Atlanta are terrible! The 18-year old kid in me is lured by the facade of the NISMO being the "best".

2. Should I bother with a 2011 or get a 2012? The 2011 Black NISMO I found was a corporate fleet vehicle, has 8k miles on it, is CPO and with tax and a 100k WRAP warranty the total comes to $43k. I'm worried it was stepped on hard, I guess. I assume I could find a similar deal for a 2011 Touring Sport. I really like the idea of a 100k bumper-to-bumper warranty from a CPO. Also, what am I fundamentally losing out on if I go with 2011 vs 2012 options-wise?

3. Are oil cooling parts still not available from the dealer for 2011 or 2012 models? Should I really be concerned with this if I'm not tracking?

Thanks, and I look forward to being a fellow owner!

Last edited by somaddict; 03-23-2012 at 04:17 AM.
somaddict is offline   Reply With Quote