View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012, 05:33 AM   #26 (permalink)
Thechidz
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Nissan 370z Monti Bl
Thechidz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecinoid View Post
I almost bought a GTR. Then after looking at it, crunching some numbers and realizing that I would never track that expensive of a car. All I could think of is how big a waste of money it would be for me. Plus, I would scared to death of wrecking it or getting a door ding.

Took a step back and looked at the 370Z at the same time as the GTR and realized I just like the 370Z better as a daily driver. Calculated the insurance gas mileage and price savings and realized I could buy a C6 Grand Sport with the savings in a year or two if I bought a 370Z now. So, I pulled the trigger and realized that it was one of the best decisions of my life. Looking forward to buying that C6 Grand Sport too.

Don't get me wrong ... I love the GTR it's just not $70K+ better in my mind than a 370Z. Do you realize a GTR cost almost triple the price of a Z. Yeah, there are a lot of cars out there that can beat the 370Z 0-60, 1/4 mile etc... But, as far as fun factor the 370Z ranks up there with the very best of them.

I don't do as many 0-60 dashes on the street as I used to. I have a track car that will blow away my Z so what's the sense?

Lastly, I'm partial to the Z because I've owned so many in the past that it was just meant for me to have another as far as I can tell. I love the quality, realiability and performance it gives for the dollars spent. The interior is much nicer than my 350Z. Not that I disliked my 350Z interior; just that the 370Z's interior (once you blackout out the fuel gauge) looks very today.
I think z owners are a frugal bunch. Personally i love the value im getting with this car, its a part of the allure for me. I dont consider myself cheap by any means i just love getting a lot of value for my hard earned money. If i can combine that with one of the best looking cars ive ever seen and a car with a serious fun to drive factor i consider it all a win win win type of situation.

Thechidz is offline   Reply With Quote