View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012, 02:10 AM   #7 (permalink)
Mecinoid
Base Member

Drives: 16 370Z Sport Wht S7
Mecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond repute

If I remember correctly the right number is the oil change interval. You'll want it at 3000, 5000, 6000 etc... If you never want a reminder again you go all the way to 18500 and the next step is - or 0. Just after you have -'d the left number tap the page key as it shows on the display and it will move the cursor over to the oil change interval part if I remember correctly. Then you hit next key (solid circle) until you get the number you want (or past 18500 to - as in your case) and then page key to set again. But, if you do this you will not get a oil change reminder again. Then, that might be what you want to have. That is how I have mine set up presently. After my oil change in the next day or two I'll set it to 5000 since I'm going to be running synthetic oil again and that seems to be the suggested change interval for the oil I use.

Look at 2-23 in the manual. This about all it says on the topic:

MAINTENANCE:
The maintenance intervals of the following items
can be set or reset for the reminders.
. OIL
Select this submenu to set or reset the
distance for changing the engine oil.

Not much help from the manual. I hope my comment helps you along though.

Last edited by Mecinoid; 03-22-2012 at 02:32 AM.
Mecinoid is offline   Reply With Quote