View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 11:19 PM   #14 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsix View Post
I thought Nissan was starting to focus on Infiniti for the American market. I don't see Datsun helping their image of upscale, powerful luxury sedans and sports cars.

That's good that Mr. Ghosn has his focus in emerging markets in Asia. I could see Datsun doing well here in Thailand, as well. It's quite difficult to find a new car for less than 15-20 thousand dollars.

Here in the states Datsun could compete against the Scion/Kia segment. Datsun could make sport oriented affordable compacts. The sentra would go further upmarket. The Versa name can be cancelled and the redesign can be a equal sized sportier fwd affordable sedan to compete against the Accent, Fiesta, kia rio, the next up model would compete against forte, and civic... a car like the cube would also move over to Datsun. The halo car can be a 4 cylinder RWD Datsun RWD Silvia and give us the option for in-house turbo engine swaps at full engine prices. It can definately work. The RWD silvia would cap off where the Z price begins with 100 less hp but 300-400 less pounds and a functional no-frills interior like the FRS.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote