View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 01:42 PM   #20 (permalink)
HKYStormFront
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 06 Frontier SE 6spd
HKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to HKYStormFront

Quote:
Originally Posted by pty370z View Post
The only Galaxy S2 currently updatable to Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) is the international version (GT-i9100) because it gets the updates directly from Samsung.

EVENTUALLY, other Galaxy S2 models like the AT&T branded SGH-i777 and SGH-i727 (Skyrocket) and the T-Mobile branded SGH-T989 will get the update to ICS but it is not known when exactly this will happen. These phones get the updates from the carrier and not directly from Samsung. It is up to them. It could take a long time.
ah, then yea OP, you should probably wait. i'm assuming the S3 will have android 4.0 and especially if it has the new quad core chipset, it will definitely be worth the delay