View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 11:09 AM   #11 (permalink)
MattP725
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 40th
MattP725 will become famous soon enough

Guys you're not getting my point... I'm not looking for a free oil change, I am not asking them to measure the oil level through quarts... that isn't how they test for consumption... you will NEVER see a dealership measuring the oil in vs oil out on a consumption test... they simply make sure the dipstic is at F and measure in MM the drop in the level after X number of miles.

It matters not how cheap it is or who did it or when it was done... it is X level at start and X level after so many miles.

If you don't understand what I am saying check the service bulletin which is direct from Nissan on how they are to identify and resolve the problem.

BVL are you suggesting that losing about a quart and a half of oil after 1500 miles isn't an indication of an issue? I've owned lots of cars and performed all my own maintenance and never once misread an issue or caused a premature failure of any part. I know how to read an odometer and a dipstick.

Since when did people start believing that they had to pay dealerships for warranty claims and investigations? What if they told you guys with steering lock failures that you need to pay to replace the battery first so that we can acurrately measure the signal to the solenoid?

I know I'm going off on a tangent and it is a measily $40 at the end of the day but does no one else think this is crazy that you have to pay the dealerships money for unnecessary maintenance in order to test for an issue that Nissan is ulimately responsible for?

Here is the TSB for those that are still not convinced that this is unnecessary... read the first few pages and it says multiple times if oil reaches any point past the end of the dipstick, add oil and follow the remainder of the procedures... you only are required to change the oil if there isn't ANY oil on the dipstick.

http://www.the370z.com/attachments/3...he370z_com.pdf
MattP725 is offline   Reply With Quote