View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 08:53 AM   #6 (permalink)
Mt Tam I am
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z T/S/N 6MT & XKE
Mt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattP725 View Post
Has anyone else had any issues with consumption tests at the dealership? I dropped my car off at Pine Belt Nissan in Toms River, NJ (they told me I couldn't make an appointment since the car has never been there before ) and now they are telling me that I have to pay $40 for an oil change before they will do the test because "they don't know how much oil is in there". I just did an oil change on Sunday with full synthetic and a mobil 1 filter... she complained that she didn't have any maintenance records and I told her she could open my trunk and see all the receipts including the one for Sunday.

They refused to do anything further so I told them that I would take my car somewhere else and I would have someone pickup my keys ASAP.

My argument is why do I have to pay $40 for any part of a warranty issue where my engine is obviously not performing correctly with less than 20k on the odometer especially when it is an unnecessary service to do the consumption test. The diagram specifically says to fill the engine until the dipstick reads full... says nothing about needing a Nissan oil change that I can remember.

I am going to call another dealership and also Nissan Consumer Affairs.

Please by all means avoid Pinebelt Nissan of Toms River.
Opposite experience. I came for an oil change, told them about how much oil I was consuming. 1 quart per 500 miles.

The service manager said no oil change, just add oil till the dipstick is full. I protested but that was part of the test. I came back twice to add oil and in less than 1000 miles the test was over and Nissan lost. In the end, that engine was replaced with my current.
Nissan Motorsports 34R Oil Cooler. Stillen CBE. Hotchkis Sport Sway Bars. KW Variant 3 Coilover System. Stillen Gen3 CAI. Michelin Pilot Super Sport. Stillen Brake Ducts. Carbotech™ XP10/XP8 Pads. Z1 Front Rotors. Z1 Stainless Brake Lines. Two degrees of camber
Mt Tam I am is offline   Reply With Quote