View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 08:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
MattP725
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 40th
MattP725 will become famous soon enough
Default Dealership Problems with Consumption Test

Has anyone else had any issues with consumption tests at the dealership? I dropped my car off at Pine Belt Nissan in Toms River, NJ (they told me I couldn't make an appointment since the car has never been there before ) and now they are telling me that I have to pay $40 for an oil change before they will do the test because "they don't know how much oil is in there". I just did an oil change on Sunday with full synthetic and a mobil 1 filter... she complained that she didn't have any maintenance records and I told her she could open my trunk and see all the receipts including the one for Sunday.

They refused to do anything further so I told them that I would take my car somewhere else and I would have someone pickup my keys ASAP.

My argument is why do I have to pay $40 for any part of a warranty issue where my engine is obviously not performing correctly with less than 20k on the odometer especially when it is an unnecessary service to do the consumption test. The diagram specifically says to fill the engine until the dipstick reads full... says nothing about needing a Nissan oil change that I can remember.

I am going to call another dealership and also Nissan Consumer Affairs.

Please by all means avoid Pinebelt Nissan of Toms River.
MattP725 is offline   Reply With Quote