View Single Post
Old 08-20-2009, 04:37 PM   #44 (permalink)
ct63084
Base Member

Drives: 2004 MAZDA3
ct63084 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabarivas View Post
LMAO ... I work in graphics all day long... I play more games than you can imagine... Not only do I play the games but I also develop the crap that makes these games run... I can tell you first hand that the PS3 is FAR superior to the XBOX in HW... no question about it.. the XBOX is an outdated PC... heck any old PC these days will womp a 360 in performance.

Halo is the lamest game ever made - soo many graphical issues ... and it looks like *** too... gameplay is trite and gets boring VERY fast... gears was better but gears 2 is just a glorified gears 1... resistance looks and feels (more subjective) than Halo / gears any day... R1 came out w/ the PS3 and is extremely epic still..

THE ONLY REASON exclusives moved the 360 is because its easier to write games for a xbox and port it across PCs and if need be a PS3 than it is to optimize for the PS3 and port to the XBOX... also game companies are afraid of the lead time it would take them to fully understand the HW specs and limitations of the PS3... its going to take them even longer to understand how to fully use the PS3's potential as writing games using vector processing is different and unheard of until now. In 2 years the games coming out for the PS3 will need xbox to go make the xbox 480 or whatever the hell they wanna call it... the PS3 will shine - it will just take time...

Yup shaba is right the reason why 360 is so succesful is because it's easier to make games in that platform. But as Hardware goes the PS3 trumps the 360, with all the stuff that comes on that system its an actual bargain. The reason 360 makes more sales is because of games they have the best shooters in the business and then add the xbox live on top of that. The 360 is pretty much the best multiplayer console. Now that the ps3 came out with the slim they might catch up but i highly doubt it because pretty much all the exlusive the ps3 is getting is crossing over to the 360, plus the way the economy is IDK if people is willing to shell out 300 dollars for a gaming system.
ct63084 is offline   Reply With Quote