Thread: [For Sale] Amuse R1 Titan and Amuse Y pipe
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 02:18 AM   #13 (permalink)
RedlineAZ
Base Member

Drives: Boosted C6 Vette
RedlineAZ will become famous soon enoughRedlineAZ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelan View Post
the burnt tips will never be rolled the way this exhaust is. you can try burning them, but i don't think you'll get a good effect. it's always POSSIBLE for you to buy burnt tips, but it's one piece, so you'd have to saw off the tips on right now and re-weld...your call if it's worth the risk for you, and it won't look as good later on lol. personally, i think this exhaust is even rarer than the typical amuse exhaust just for the rolled tips!

to the other guy - from the looks of it, it's standard issue resonators on the midpipe before it hits the cans.

GLWS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuriz32 View Post
Both the non-burnt tips and the rolled tips are normal options from Amuse. The non-burnt tips are the "C Tail" option and the rolled tips are the "09 Tails." The reason why they're called "09 Tail" is because they changed the laws for street cars in Japan in 2009 to disallow straight-cut tips on street cars; Amuse released the rolled tips to counter that.

I think this is the only 09 Tail 370Z exhaust in the US, so still rare.

As phelan mentioned, you can't replace the tips since they're part of the exhaust and I don't think Amuse is going to sell tips and risk having somebody ruin one of their "pieces of art."
Thanks for all the great info! That was very beneficial and informative! It really is a work of art! Phelan, I used your write up in my original post, you really did an excellent review of the exhaust.
RedlineAZ is offline   Reply With Quote