View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 11:42 PM   #22 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauly View Post
jordo, do you mean in the 7AT the ECU learns your habits when you "paddle" shift? but why would it shift rougher in automatic mode? wouldnt it just shift according to the rmp shift points you had been manually shifting at just as smoothly as it was before? sounds like something is wrong if its getting rough?
Yes. Maybe "rougher" is the wrong term -- I suppose I mean that if you are driving the car in a spirited manner, you tend to shift a bit less smoothly than the ECU might be programmed to operate the trans (i.e., stay in a given gear longer than the ECU would have). It adapts it's shift schedule to your driving habits, so it may seem to shift less smoothly than one might get used to in ato after driving around in manual mode.