View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 03:21 PM   #114 (permalink)
xdeslitx
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Yaris
xdeslitx has a reputation beyond reputexdeslitx has a reputation beyond reputexdeslitx has a reputation beyond reputexdeslitx has a reputation beyond reputexdeslitx has a reputation beyond reputexdeslitx has a reputation beyond reputexdeslitx has a reputation beyond reputexdeslitx has a reputation beyond reputexdeslitx has a reputation beyond reputexdeslitx has a reputation beyond reputexdeslitx has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to xdeslitx Send a message via Yahoo to xdeslitx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukmastermind View Post
I had defective Fuel senders @ 8k on my '09.
Problem is, if the Tech doesn't "see" the issue himself, they are hesitant to fix it.
The dealer spent a few hours "inspecting" the car, and didn't find anything so I drove to a local gas station with a Tech sitting shotgun and he saw with his own eyes the fuel gauge not liighting up. The Service Advisor had no choice but to order the parts and ok the fix

P.S. This was a big problem on the 350z's and a buddy of mine went thru 3 sender units within 36k mi. warranty and at 38k it failed again. Once his gauge hits mid tank, it just drops
i didnt have that problem...told them i had fuel sender issues, they ordered the part and replaced it.
didnt have to go through proving to them that i had the issue.
xdeslitx is offline   Reply With Quote